Send five poems (10 pages max) as a Word doc to email@example.com. We want post-modern/post-post modern free verse with strong voices and strong themes. In your submission line, put POETRY SUBMISSION: LAST NAME
- Hidden Peak Press accepts rolling submissions from writers worldwide.
- Send us your most engaging work. Bear in mind the only steadfast rule here at Hidden Peak Press: Do not bore us.
- Include a brief bio (250 words max) with your submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but please let us know if your piece(s) are accepted elsewhere while they are under review.
- All submissions will be considered for our periodic magazine Hidden Peak Review as well as Hidden Peak Press’ weekly author spotlight.
- Response time is usually 1-2 months for spotlight/review submissions and 6-12 months for manuscript submissions, but could be faster. There is no monetary compensation for contributors.
- We do not offer critique/feedback on rejected submissions.
- No previously published works allowed (including personal blogs).
- Upon submission to Hidden Peak Press, you agree your work is original, unpublished, and that you are the original author.
- Do not submit more than once in a six month period unless explicitly requested by the Editors; do not submit rhyming/form poetry, fan fiction, romance or anything that might otherwise be mistaken for Hallmark.
- If accepted, Hidden Peak Press acquires First North American Serial Rights and First Electronic Rights. All rights revert to the writer after publication. Contributors agree to credit Hidden Peak Press if the work is subsequently reproduced online or in print.